Summer is here, and we are all craving a piece of the sun. A great way to rekindle your lost bond with nature is by planning a thrilling camping trip. Camping can be a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and explore nature firsthand. However, it can be tricky to know where to start if you’re new to camping. If you are a first timer, Emerald Lake waterpark brings you five camping tips so you can have a great experience!
Understand the basics of camping
Camping is a great way to get outdoors, connect with nature, and enjoy the summer. However, the planning stage of a camping trip can be formidable due to all the little details you have to pay attention to. This is especially true for first time campers.
Whether you are a first-timer or an experience camper, here are some tips that will come in handy if you wish to go camping:
- Think Ahead: Before you set off on your trip, make a list of what you need and plan out where you want to camp. A good place to start would be to ask yourself “what do I really want out of this camping trip?”.
This will save you a lot of trouble; you won’t have to drive around looking for a spot, and you most certainly won’t regret failing to bring your barbecue grill to sear yourself a juicy steak.
- Bring Enough Gear: When packing for your camping trip, make sure to bring enough gear for the weather and terrain you’ll be camping in. Not packing adequate gear and supplies may result in catastrophic consequences.
This includes food, water, tents, sleeping bags and blankets, cooking gear, and safety supplies like first-aid kits. In particular, make sure to pack extra food and water if you’re planning on spending more than one night outdoors.
- Be Prepared for Wild Weather: Weather conditions can change quickly in the outdoors, so be prepared for some unprecedented wind and rain. We didn’t mention the scorching heat here because, well, that’s the whole point of camping in the summer.
Make sure that you pack a raincoat, since umbrellas won’t really be feasible in the wild. Additionally, ensure that your tent is waterproof, or else your whole trip will be ruined!
Learn the proper camping techniques
When you first embark on your camping journey, there is more to pay attention to than just the planning stage. Here are five tips to help you get started:
- Make sure you’ve got all the gear you need before you go. This includes tents, sleeping bags, cooking supplies, and any other necessary gear. You don’t want to be scrambling around looking for something after your trip has started.
- Bring a map and compass if you plan on exploring any of the area around your campsite. Not only will this help if you get lost, but it can also come in handy when scouting out potential hiking or fishing spots.
- Be aware of wildlife when camping. Some animals may be more skittish around humans, so it’s important to respect their space and keep noise levels down at all times.
- Practice proper sanitation when camping. Make sure to clean up any food or water spills as soon as possible and dispose of waste properly away from campsites and trails. This will help ensure a healthy environment for both you and the wildlife in the area.
Pick your camping spot well
When picking your camping spot, there are few key things to focus on. After all, it is your camping spot that ultimately decides how well your trip will go. We have put together a camping spot-picking checklist for you:
- The camping spot is well maintained and free of pollution.
2. The camping site is does not fall within the natural habitat of large predators and wild animals.
3. The camping site is not prone to constant weather hazards.
4. The camping site is not situated in an area of high criminal activity, or the camping site is regulated by security personnel.
Choose Emerald Lake Waterpark: Same experience, no risk.
Planning a camping trip can be overwhelming, since a single mistake can lead to a series of unfortunate circumstances (Like in horror movies). Now, what if we told you that there is a way to enjoy camping without the unnecessary hassle that come with the planning process?
That’s right! Choosing to camp at Emerald Lake waterpark brings you all the good things associated with camping while eliminating the risks. You can rent out a lovely wooden cabin in a vast nature-filled resort, or you can opt for RV Camping in our massive site.
Our wooden cabins are fitted with air conditioning and hot water showers. And oh, did we mention that they are perfectly affordable?
If you camp at Emerald Lake waterpark, you don’t even have to bring your own grill. We will provide you with all the barbecue equipment necessary to enjoy that juicy steak we spoke about earlier.
A major concern is security when camping out in the wild. But not at Emerald Lake! We take your safety very seriously, which is why we have installed a security gate at the entrance to the camping site.
And, we have saved the best for last of course. Campers get to enjoy our waterpark, which consists of 5-acre, pollution free, spring fed lake, and 200ft water slides.
Camping is a great way to get out in nature and experience all that the outdoors has to offer. However, it can be daunting for first-time campers, and the planning process holds the key to a safe, enjoyable camping experience.
First, research the area where you will be camping beforehand. Next, make sure you have all of the necessary gear before you go. Finally, practice your wilderness survival skills before you hit the woods. Camping is a fun activity but should not be taken lightly.
By choosing Emerald Lake waterpark, you can enjoy a problem-free camping experience without even packing excessive supplies. It doesn’t matter if you are new to the world of camping or an experienced camper looking for a summer getaway. Emerald Lake waterpark has everything you wish for in a camping trip and lots more.